Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? You are more precious than rubies.Your loved ones can trust you, and you will greatly enrich their lives.You bring good, not harm, all the days of their lives. You get up before dawn to prepare breakfast for your household and plan your day of work. You are energetic and strong, a hard worker.You make sure your dealings are profitable; your lamp burns late into the night. Your hands are busy spinning thread, your fingers twisting fiber. You extend a helping hand to the poor and open your arms to the needy. You have no fear of winter for your household, for everyone has warm clothes. You are clothed with strength and dignity, and you laugh without fear of the future. When you speak, your words are wise, and you give instructions with kindness. You carefully watch everything in your household and suffer nothing from laziness. Your children will stand and bless you. Your husband and friends praise you:
“There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears God will be greatly praised.
They pray: Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
The 10 Virtues of the Proverbs 31 Woman
- Accommodating – serving your husband, family, friends, and neighbors with a gentle, charitable and loving spirit.
- Wise – purchasing quality items and preparing healthy food, making smart choices for her family and practicing self-care.
- Trustworthy – dependably honest and reliable.
- Faithful –serving God with all of your heart, mind, and soul.
- Respectful – respecting your husband and doing good all the days of your life.
- Industrious –willingly working with your hands and does not grumble while completing tasks.
- Efficient – using your time prudently and diligently providing for all.
- Nurturing –teaches and training your children in the ways they need to go and disciplines them with care and wisdom.
- Delightful – expressing joy in being a woman of worth and inner-soul-beauty and creating beauty in the lives of your loved ones.
- Homemaker – creating an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love to all who enter your home.
To remember these: Think: A Wise, Trustworthy FRIEND and Homemaker
Marie Therese Summers, OSB